Specifications • Size: 130 x 93 x 52mm • Material: ABS + metal • Battery requirement: Alkaline AAA x two pieces (included) • The earthquake happened in vertical shake (P wave), and after it, the destructive horizontal shake (S wave) came.
The P wave has shallow earthquake (felt around 3-8 seconds later) and deep earthquake (felt around 30-40 seconds later), According to the strength of the earthquake, the magnitude of the S wave has 1 to 7 degree or over. We all hope we can foresee the earthquake will come when the P wave happened. The P wave is the vertical wave, no matter the shallow earthquake felt 3-8 seconds later or the deep earthquake felt 30-40 seconds later, it doesn't mean the strength of the following S wave earthquake.
• PGS-047 earthquake alarm has two sensors, the sensor in the left side if for detecting the P wave and the other sensor in right side is for detecting the S wave, so, the item can detect the P wave except the shallow earthquake, maybe it can't be detected sometimes.After the P wave, the S wave also can be detected, it will make different sounds when detected the P wave and S wave.
• After triggered the sensors of the P wave and S wave, the item will sound, around 7 seconds later, the sound will stop automatically.
• This earthquake alarm can detect the P wave, it has been testing report in National Center for Research (the seismic simulation tests are accordance with CHI-CHI TCU 129, TAIWAN, 9/21/1999), and it also have the patents of the S wave in USA, JAPAN, CHINA AND TAIWAN.
• It depends on the battery quality and the condition of the usage, If in standby time, it can last over 1 year.
• There is a weak current device in the item, as the energy of the battery becomes to lower level,the yellow LED will be flashing
• The earthquake alert can't be affected by sound, it only detected by quake
• Easy to install and use: Stick the magic tape on the back of the item that can be attached on the wall or there is a hole on the back that also can be hung on the wall
• US patent number: 6459379 • Japanese patent number: 3109113 • Taiwan patent number: 182971 • China patent number: 01275345.9